Proserpine Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Proserpine Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing proserpine.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Proserpine for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Proserpine?
Proserpine, located in Queensland, Australia, boasts a number of galleries, museums, and historical venues that are perfect for those fascinated with art, history, and culture. Whether you're visiting Proserpine for the first time or are a seasoned traveler, the following list of galleries, museums, and historical venues are worth exploring.
1. Proserpine Art Gallery - Located in the heart of Proserpine, the Proserpine Art Gallery is an ideal place to visit for anyone interested in Australian art. The gallery features a variety of mediums, including paintings, sculptures, ceramics, and textiles, and hosts a number of exhibitions throughout the year. The Proserpine Art Gallery is open Monday-Saturday and is free to the public.
2. Whitsunday Art Gallery - The Whitsunday Art Gallery showcases local and national artists, specializing in contemporary paintings, sculptures, and mixed media works. Visitors can also purchase artworks directly from the gallery. The Whitsunday Art Gallery is open seven days a week and is located in Cannonvale, a short drive from Proserpine.
1. Proserpine Historical Museum - Proserpine Historical Museum is an essential stop for history enthusiasts. The museum showcases the history of Proserpine and the surrounding area, with exhibits that focus on the role of the sugar industry, World War II, and Indigenous culture. Visitors can also take guided tours of the museum and view historic artifacts. The Proserpine Historical Museum is open from Monday to Friday and has a small admission fee.
2. Collinsville Pioneer Museum - About an hour's drive from Proserpine is the Collinsville Pioneer Museum, a must-visit for those interested in pioneer life. The museum showcases the early 20th-century life on the mines and the town of Collinsville, with exhibits that feature machinery, photographs, and personal items from the era. The museum also has a gift shop, and guided tours are available.
1. Cedar Creek Falls - Cedar Creek Falls is one of Proserpine's natural wonders and a popular spot for outdoor activities. The falls are a series of cascading waterfalls that drop into natural swimming holes. Visitors can enjoy a refreshing swim, sunbathe on the rocks, and hike through the surrounding rainforest. Cedar Creek Falls is located about a 30-minute drive from Proserpine.
2. Burton's Store - Burton's Store is a heritage-listed building in the town center of Proserpine. The building dates back to 1903 and was originally a general store. Today, the building houses a café, gift shop, and museum showcasing the history of the building and the early days of Proserpine. The store is open seven days a week, and the café serves breakfast and lunch.
Proserpine, Queensland, Australia, offers a rich experience of galleries, museums, and historical venues that showcase everything from history and culture to art and nature. These places are a must-visit if you are in the region and will give you unforgettable experiences about the town.
Proserpine Galleries and Museums Articles